Side-channel analysis (SCA) and physical attacks have become an important field of research at universities and in the industry. In order to enhance the resistance of cryptographic and security critical implementations within the design phase, constructive attacks and analyzing techniques may serve as a quality metric to optimize the design and development process. Since 2010, COSADE provides an international platform for researchers, academics, and industry participants to present their work and their current research topics. It is an excellent opportunity to exchange on new results with international experts and to initiate new collaborations and information exchange at a professional level. The workshop will feature both invited presentations and contributed talks.
The eighth International Workshop on Constructive Side-Channel Analysis and Secure Design will be organized and held by Télécom ParisTech, Paris, France.
The topics of COSADE 2017 include, but are not limited to:
- Constructive side-channel analysis and implementation attacks
- Semi-invasive, invasive and fault attacks
- Leakage models and security models for side-channel analysis
- Cache-attacks and micro-architectural analysis
- Decapsulation and preparation techniques
- Side-channel based reverse engineering
- Leakage Resilient Implementations
- Evaluation methodologies for side-channel resistant designs
- Secure designs and countermeasures
- Evaluation platforms and tools for testing side-channel characteristics
- White-Box Cryptography
- Quantum-Safe Cryptography
- Lightweight Cryptography
- Use-cases, e.g., security in IoT, vehicles, etc.
Paper Submission deadline:
|December 8, 2016 (23:59 CET)|
|February 6, 2017|
Final version due:
|March 6, 2017|
|April 13 and 14, 2017|
Submitted papers should present novel contributions related to the topics listed above. They must be original, unpublished, anonymous and not submitted to another conference or journal for consideration of publication. Papers must be written in English and they should not exceed 18 pages. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits. All submissions will be blind-refereed. Authors are invited to submit their manuscripts (PDF or PS format) by filling in the submission form available on the following web site: COSADE submissions.
Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper.
The proceedings will be published as a Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science volume.